Current high school students with a diagnosis of a learning disability or ASD/PDD are welcome to apply for the RiSE Scholarship Foundation, Inc. Awards.
These applications are due in January of 2019.
Please read the entire application. Also read the FAQ’s page for all details.
RiSE does not judge applicants with the diagnosis of ADD or ADHD alone, it has to be a co current diagnosis with a LD and or Autism/Asperger.
To submit the 2019 application for The RiSE Scholarship Foundation, Inc. Awards,
Please follow these directions:
- Click the link for the fillable application on this page. In Dropbox you will see a button on top right that says download. Press this and save the application on you computer. This way it is fillable.
- Read it fully and then fill it out completely. Save this to your computer to file with last name, first name and “application”. Example: Smith, John application. You will be submitting this via Dropbox later and this is how RiSE will recognize it.
- Print the recommendation letter /page to give to the person who you feel could recommend you for this award. You could also email the link to them and have them fill it out and print for you.
- Have your teacher, counselor or person writing the recommendation, fill out the letter. Show them your documentation for your LD and let them write in the appropriate diagnosis. By doing so, you will not have to submit additional documentation. Whether you scan the letter and save to your computer or they email it to you, resave this as last name, first name “letter”. Example: Smith, John letter. Some school’s are not able to give the letter back to you for privacy reasons, if this is the case ask your counselor or teacher to follow the same directions and use your name as we have requested that you do. This will file the letter by your last name in the Drop Box and will be organized for our judges.
- Upload a current picture of yourself. Save as last name, first name “photo”. Example: Smith, John photo.
- Ask your high school for a recent transcript and upload this form. Save as last name, first name “transcript”. Example: Smith, John transcript.
- Put all of these in a folder on your computer to make easier for you to find. You may want to name it RiSE.
- Go to the website of RiSE. Click the “Application, Apply” icon. Click the link provided to upload to DropBox’s website.
- It will ask you to upload a file. Click your folder and upload each document. Please do this one at a time and after each one they will ask if you want to add another. Click “Add another” until all 4 items are added.
- You may add one additional upload of a poem, a photo of your piece of art or other needed material. If you would like to mail any art, please mark with your full name and mail to our address. This is not required and cannot be returned.
This due January 31st at midnight PT, please do not wait until this exact time as the system gets overloaded.
If you have a learning disability or Autism diagnosis please use the same application, only make sure it is listed on your diagnosis area.
In May, 2019, RiSE will announce the winners and honorable mention winners of the RiSE Scholarship Foundation, Inc. Awards on the RiSE website and the Facebook and Twitter pages. WE DO NOT CONTACT YOU DIRECTLY UNLESS YOU ARE A WINNER. Confirmation via dropbox is the only confirmation you need to know we have received your application.
There will be 5 $2500.00 Award Winners in the LD and Autism category.
There will be 10 $500.00 Honorable Mention Award Winners in both categories.
Thank you so much and good luck in your senior year!!!! RiSE