2015 Honorable Mentions
2015 RiSE Honorable Mention Award Winners
The Honorable Mention Award is for $500.00 paid to the college they attend in the fall of 2015.
- Hunt Allen New Hanover High School NC
- Ben Brandauer Iowa City West High School Iowa
- Brady Brown Homedale High School Idaho
- Derek Jones North Marion High School Oregon
- Karyln Leander Homeschool Student Colorado
- Hope Morgan Wesleyan School Georgia
- Davis Oppenheimer Johns Creek High School Georgia
- John Panor The Gunston School Maryland
- Cassidy Ulm Brecksville-Broadview Heights Ohio
- Michael Williams Edison Preparatory School Oklahoma
A few highlights on the RiSE Honorable Mentions Award Winners:
Hope was diagnosed with dyslexia in 3rd grade. Reading was difficult for her and she felt “different than all of my peers”. This did not define Hope, though, and through a beneficial school setting and learning to “master what I do to be academically successful” has led her to look forward to graduating and heading to college in the fall.
Hope has enjoyed playing sports throughout school and is will continue at Columbus State in the fall of 2015. This is something she was hopeful to do as she has received many awards for her skills and feels that sports are “crucial in her life”.
Davis is planning on majoring in engineering and physics at college next fall. Upon finding the website and scholarship information about RiSE online at scholarship360, he says, “ I was excited to discover opportunities to earn scholarships that are focused on students with learning disabilities that have persevered through the rigors of high school and created a skill set that will ultimately lead to a lifetime of success.”Davis is a member of the FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes) and ran for his cross country team at school. He is an Eagle Scout and has enjoyed taking many engineering classes provided at Johns Creek High School including Pneumatics Module and Electrical Engineering.
John Panor mentioned in local paper regarding his robotics team.